We had a good week too. On Saturday we went to Alberto and Pilar`s wedding. They got married in a massive wedding ceremony at the Breña city center. They are going to get baptized on the 13th of this month. They are excited. Pilar is one of Hermana Carmen`s daughters (Carmen got baptized on my first weekend here in Magdalena.) We just got back from visiting them. Its kind of cool because the first person to find the church and get baptized was Carmen`s 10 year old nephew. When he was eight he met the missionaries in Callao and got baptized. He was the only one in his family to get baptized, but Carmen knew about it and then two years later she got baptized and now her daughter and son-in-law are getting baptized as well, and all started with an eight year old boy.
On Friday we had Multizonas with Zona Rimac. It was a really good meeting and Elder Galindo and I learned a lot of stuff that we are going to apply to our investigators. It was also probably going to be our last Multizona with President and Hermana Borg too. It was kind of sad. There are leaving just a few days after the dedication of the Trujillo Peru temple.
We heard that Elder Perry died right after a baptism in the other ward in our district. I played the piano for the baptism and a really cool couple that some of the Hermanas were teaching were finally getting baptized. Right when it ended Alex told us that he saw that Elder Perry had passed away on Facebook. That`s too bad, I always liked his talks. They say that the prophet is sick too. Do you know when they will call another apostle? Its kind of interesting. I wonder who it will be.
Well, I had a lot of good pictures to send you but this computer is terrible so we will have to wait until next week. Then I will send them all.
I hope this week is better and not as crazy as last week. Oh yea, did you know that they make long thermal garments too. Maybe thats something Tristan might need. They sell them at the temple here in Lima for all the mountain people.


No comments:
Post a Comment