Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Service

Hola familia! This was a good week, we are getting ready for Christmas and it is getting hotter. The other day it was super sunny at 6:30am, hahah when I woke up I thought that I got up late because it was soo bright outside.
Oh yea, I spoiled myself for Christmas and bought a new dark blue suit. Its pretty nice. Ill send a picture soon.
Cambios are tomorrow. The rumor is that there arent going to be many changes in la zona Limatambo, but we´ll see what happens. They are going to tell us tonight. Im pretty sure that the district is going to stay the same. Maybe only Elder Garcia or Elder Santana will have changes.
Last pday we went to el Museo de la Historia Natural in Lince, Lima. There were a lot of dried and preserved animals, but it was fun and we took a lot of fun pictures!
President Larson wanted us to focus on service this Christmas season. Every zone had to do a 3hr service project. We went to a big public stadium and pool in Barranco and cleaned the place up. I helped clean out the public pool which probably hadnt been cleaned in years. It was super dirty and the dirt was pretty much baked into the paint on the pool floor. It was really fun though. I also helped cut a field of grass with a giant pair of scissors, which wasnt quite as fun as scrubbing the pool hahaha! I liked how President said that we didnt come on a mission to be served, but to serve, and that is the attitude we should have. I hope we will be able to do more zone service projects in the future. I love the spirit that service brings. It always feels so good. We are going to have a Christmas dinner with half of the mission next week and we are going to see a slideshow of every zone service project.
Yesterday, we went to pick up Julio to bring him to church. He had just got back that night from a long trip to Trujillo but was willing to come with us. He stayed all three hours and really enjoyed it. He is really interested in the church. Ill keep you posted on his progress.
Im excited to talk to you guys on the 24th at 5pm!! Love you all. Ciao!
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

Museo de Historia Natural‏






                                        






Cleaning the Pool
                               



The view from apartment window



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good job on the pool cleaning! It looks GREAT! I giggled thinking about Kevin mowing a field of grass with a large pair of Scissors! Merry Christmas! When you are in the service of your fellow beings ye are in the service of your God! What a great way to spend Christmas! Hugs,
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete