-"Ohhh............" (Awkward pause while they stare at my name tag and try to say "Tor-ger-sen")
-"And my name Elder Garcia"
-" Garcia? You are Peruvian, arent you? You both have the same name."
This is the english version of the conversation that I have had several times every day for the last 16 months, but its still funny every time. It made me laugh that Tristan has the same problem in Russia! Thats funny. We have a very unique and cool last name. I too am thankful for family history and for our ancestors.
Well this week went by fast. Transfers are next Tuesday. We found a lot of new people again, which was great. Jahairo supposedly is going to get baptized on Saturday but he never showed up to our appointment last Saturday and didnt go to church yesterday, and he isnt answering his phone. I hope everything is alright. We are going to look for him tonight.
On wednesday we had a mission-wide ward council training meeting for all of the missionaries and leaders from every ward in the mission. I got to see a lot of people from Callao and Magdalena. Hermano Miguel was there too and he looks great. He was super happy to see me and we got to talk. He is the ward secretary and all of his meetings on Sunday have been getting in the way of his temple prep class, but he´s going to get it done soon. Elder Uceda, the Area President came and taught us a lot about how a ward and ward council should work. He said the bishop needs to focus on the youth and all worthiness and welfare emergencies, everything else that has to do with adults should be taken care of by the Relief Society, and the Elders and High Priests. He said that in the church and especially here in Peru we give too much to do to the bishop thinking that the bishop is superman and can do it all, but really it shouldnt be that way. I learned a lot and then Thursday Elder Uceda and his wife came and spoke to only the missionaries from 8am to 2pm. He is a very spiritual and inteligent man and I could feel the spirit bear witness that he is an authorized servant of the Lord.
Elder Garcia got robbed the other day but they gave him everything back because they were looking for the cell phone, but I had it :) It was an exciting experience though.
I finally got one of the packages! Thanks for the new tie and all the candy!
Well, I think thats all for this week, I love you all and wish you all the best!!!
It's so good to see pictures of you. You look so happy! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete