Monday, May 16, 2016

A lot of little experiences!‏

Buenos días familia! Its been a great week! Its was a lot better than last week. We were able to teach more lessons and teach more people. I just felt good! Yesterday was stake conference and our investigator, Bianca came!! We were really excited for that. 
I had a lot of little good experiences this week. Julio Mendoza gave the reference of one of his friends named Francis and he presented him to us. We´ve taught Francis twice now and he is awesome. He is only 19 years old and lives here in Lima with his 16 year old brother while they both study in the university. Francis is super receptive and humble but its funny that he is super short. He only comes up to our waists. Ok, he´s not that short but he´s small. I know that he is going to progress a lot. He told us that when his mom was his age she came to Lima and met the elders and almost got baptized too. Now history is repeating itself, hahaha! They rent out a tiny room in the third floor of a house and last time we were there teaching him we left the door open cause it was hot and uncomfortable and about halfway through the lesson a lady who rents out another room next to his came up and asked if we make house visits to read the bible to people and what she had to do to sign up for a visit. We made an appointment and when to visit her yesterday with Kevin. (We always have to have a man-member accompany us to visit single women). She is super prepared as well. Her life got kind of messed up and she cried like half the lesson and told us all her problems and she wants to repent really bad so we taught her how to do it. She was super thankful. Its always cool when we invite people to say the closing prayer and sometimes they thank God for sending us to them.
Wednesday we went to the Temple!!! It was great to go back. It had been a while. I think one of the best parts though was that we ran into Evelyn and Enrique from Callao. If you dont remember Enrique was a less active who had just got married to Evelyn and we were teaching her and she got baptized. They are still active and doing good. I think they are going to get sealed soon, and Evelyn is about to pop! She is due with their baby any day now! I love going to the temple because the spirit is always so strong and I ALWAYS run into someone that I know. I also saw several good members from barrio Venezuela who are temple workers!
Thanks for sharing your fun weeks with me, I always love hearing about you guys!! I´m proud of you all!! Bye!!!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central
We washed Yako with Hermana Cris. She asked for our help.
  The four of us with Yako

museo del banco y monedas‏



 We went to the national bank museum and got locked in the safe! Just kidding!

Look what we found in the museum!‏

What does this look like to you?

a picture of our church from the freeway

1 comment:

  1. It looks like he found a baptism font surrounded by oxen. Cool!

    ReplyDelete