Our church got robbed again. This time they only made off with some curtains, but we have been robbed like three times in the last two weeks. We think its cause the alarm is right inside the front doors where the whole world can see it!
Yea I bought a backpack! Its great, a lot more comfortable, and has more room. I havent got a speaker yet, but I havent really looked yet either. I usually get two or three DearElder letters every Wednesday at the Zone/District Meeting, but last week I dont think I got any.
For Skype we havent really found a place that we could do it yet. We are going to ask the bishop cause he has a nice computer, but dont worry we will be able to do it. If the 25th wont work we might be able to do it the 24th. We were blessed to be given both the 24th and 25th as Pdays! I think it would be around 1ish when I call, but I'm not sure yet.
I love hearing about how well the boys are doing in wrestling! Good job Trevor! Keep up the good work! It's ok to cry, dont worry, just have fun!
This week for Pday we went to the Museo Metropolitano de Lima as a Zone. There was a lot of wierd modern art. Stuff like boxes piled up in shapes and stacks of newspapers and wierd stuff like that that some people think is art.
Bug Collection at the museum
some of the types of corn found in Peru,
Tuesday was Hermano Miguel's birthday so we went to that and that was fun! We invited a lot of the members and it was a good time.
Yesterday we were talking to an inactive girl who was standing in her doorway when a completely drunk man walked up and started listening to us. He asked us what we were talking about and told us that he used to be a boxer. Then he started to pretend to punch us to show us what he would do to us if we bothered her. He was really wierd he kept punching us kind of softly and telling us he could beat us up. Finally we asked the sister when we could come back and he started to leave. We followed him for a bit and he couldnt walk in a straight line to save his life!
On Friday we painted the bishops house. We were there literally the entire day. From 10am to 7:30pm. it reminded me how Brother and Sister Dawson said I was going to go on my mission and do a lot of painting and stuff that I learned how to do with Brother Dawson.
Earlier this week we were asked my a stranger at church to come give his wife a blessing. It turns out they have been members for 14+ years and they just barely moved to Lima from Tumbes, so that his wife could get some medical help. She has a huge tumor thing growing in her side and the hospitals in Lima are the only ones that can help her. Right now they are renting one room that is just barely big enough for their two beds. They literally only have the clothes on their back. After we blessed his wife, this Hermano bore one of the strongest testimonies that I have ever heard. The spirit was so strong that it was almost palpable in the air. You could just feel it. He has so much faith It was really cool. We gave them our bread and eggs because they had no food. All they have right now is each other, their faith, and their testimonies.
I love you all, next week we will need to coordinate the Skype for sure.













No comments:
Post a Comment