Hello everyone! Transfers are tomorrow and we dont know who is going to be transfered yet. They are going to call or text us around dinnertime tonight. I am almost for sure going to stay but there is a chance that Elder Ango might get transfered. I really hope that he stays. Anyway thats kind of exciting right now. We are the only mission that has every missionary gather together at every transfer meeting so it will be good to see my friends from the CCM.
We baptized Hermano Miguel on Saturday. It was really cool cause we both got to do it. Elder Ango did the ordinance and I helped to lower him into the water because he doesnt have strength in his legs or feet. It took three tries but we got it done. Afterwards he bore a strong testimony of his conversion and that his goal is to get his endownment in the temple. He finished the Book of Mormon and almost finished the Doctrine and Covenants in only three weeks before his baptism. Usually when we tell people this they say that we need to study the scriptures and not just read really fast to read them, but he has marked questions and things he likes on almost every page. Elder Ango said he has never had an investigator like him before. Then in Sacrament meeting yesterday the bishopric forgot that we needed to confirm him, so we had to text one of the counselors and we confirmed him between the talks. Sometimes it´s really frustrating because a lot of the members are always asking when we are going to have more baptisms, and then when we do they show up late to the baptism or forget to confirm him in Sacrament Meeting. We are really lacking a lot of support in this ward.
For pday last week we were planning on going to the Museum of the Nation, but when we got there we found out that it is closed on Mondays. So instead we went with Elder Pacas and Elder Dickson to the big yellow cathedral that we visited when we came here years ago. The one with like a gazillion pigeons outside and the catacombs with all of the bones laid out in a pattern. It was cool that we went to another place that I´d been to before. It´s like Dejavo. It was wierd to see tourists and other Americans there. During our tour of the cathedral, I heard on American say, "Look, the Mormons are here." We thought that that was pretty funny.
We order Roky´s Delivery Chicken for lunch again one time this week. It´s really good routisseri chicken. We also got anticuchas, which I think are like some type of organ on a kebob. I think it´s like liver or something, but honestly I really don´t know. They were good though.
I got the package with the beef jerky and the one with the Santa hat and present. Thank you for sending them. Elder Ango likes the jerky too.
I have another crazy question from Hermana Gladys Montenegro. So she accompanied us when we were teaching Hermano Miguel and Hermana Rosa Luz about Temples and Family History. We showed pictures of our families and passed them around. When Hermana Gladys saw the picture of our family in front of the Manti temple she called me over and asked if it was our house. I was half tempted to say that yes, we live in a castle, but instead I explained that it is a temple in Utah. Haha! Her questions are so wierd!
I sounds like Brandon is having a rough time so I am going to write something to him now. I love you all. Send me some pictures.
Love,
Elder Kevin Torgersen
Ive heard about that lady before from some other missionaries. I think we could try it.
Yea I like the idea of international stamps. But remember, from us to the temple is like 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on traffic in a bus. But yea, Elder Dickson told me there is one close, we just havent really looked for it yet. And yea I´ll need envelopes.
Sounds like fun in Rexburg. I just read an email from McKayla telling me about the new exchange student and how Elizabeth is terrified of the new dog. I can picture it perfectly.
If you are in google maps, you might be able to see our apartment. It is in Jiron Vigil, close to the end by the big police station thing. It is on the second floor and is bright red and yellow and has a big "E" on it. I measured our area the other day. It is only about 5 blocks by 6 or 7 blocks. We have the streets Arica to Victor Fajardo. And are borderes By Jose Galvez and Elias Aguirre.
We dont really have a Pday this week. We just get to write home and to the president. The ties are only at the temple and we only go like once a transfer so it will be a late Christmas present, but I´ll try to send something. Yea, I want to go buy a speaker with a USB port and a backback, cause I hate the shoulder bag and President Borg said no comment *wink wink* when we asked him and most of the missionaries have them.



No comments:
Post a Comment