Monday, January 12, 2015

Hello Everyone‏. How To Eat a Granadìa‏







Sorry I`m a little late writing. The computer was having problems and I dont have much time left.
Well this week was another week in the mission, it was great! It actually rained a little bit one morning! It was like amiracle for Lima!
Last Pday we went and explored a little bit more in La Punta. We found this park with a gazebo in the middle and in the gazebo was a public piano! It was pretty badly out of tune, but we stopped and I played it for a while. It was pretty fun. Oh yea, and did you know that when you sent me the Piano Lesson kits that you sent me three, haha?
Elder Ango finally got his Christmas package from you guys. It was missent to Thailand! Crazy, huh! He really likes his "Playgo" that you sent him, and all of the candy!
Well we had Stake Conference this weekend. Elder Costa from the Area Presidency came with his wife. They are from Argentina and have a wierd accent. For the Staurday night session, it looked like there were more people in the tiny stake choir that there were in the congregation when it was supposed to start! Our whole stake is difficult, its not just my ward. We brought Miguel and he really liked it, he said he learned a lot. For the Sunday sessions we brought Jeremy ( he hasn´t moved yet, he keeps saying next week), Jeremy`s friend Fabricio, Miguel, and Miguel`s friend Martin, who is also disabled. We all squoze into a taxi with Martin`s wheelchair and Miguel´s crutches. We planned to bring them home after the first two hours (Priesthood Session) but there wasnt time between sessions so they stayed the full four hours. Miguel enjoyed it a lot (because he is perfect), but I think the others were bored out of their minds. It was definitely a mistake on our part. That was our first time going to church with Martin and Im hoping he will still be willing to come next week! 
As soon as we walkied in the door, the Stake President asked me to play the piano for the Priesthood session of Stake Conference. I also played for the missionary choir of all of the missionaries in our zone. We sang "Let us all press on" in Spanish. Thank Sister Paz for me for teaching me piano!!
I enjoyed the conference. They focused a lot on Ward Councils, which is something that is failing in every ward in the stake. In French the word for investigator means "friend of the church" I really liked that. We should think of them as friends of the church and all of the members should greet them and make them feel welcome at every meeting they attend. 
Transfers are tomorrw. We are going to find out tonight whats going to happen. I`ll let you know!
I love you all. Good job in wrestling! I`m extremely proud of you!
Love, Elder Kevin Torgersen

PS Thank the ward for sending all of those Christams letters. I really enjoyed reading them!
A Granadia is a fruit here that looks like an orange with a stinger. It kind of has a tougher skin that an orange, like a shell, and inside it is filled with what looks like frog eggs. It is like black seeds that are covered in boogers. You slurp it all out. It actually isnt too bad. You all should go to Rancho Market or somewhere like that and buy a few. It included instructions so that you guys can know how to eat it.
1. Puncture a hole in the shell of the granadia with your fingers.
2. Open the hole so thats its big enough to slurp the stuff out.
3. Slurp out all of the boogers/ frog eggs/ little eyeballs





(I like to chew the seeds a little bit, but all of the latinos dont like to. They just slurp it and swallow it! Haha! Its fun!

We are going to finish the capacitaciòn today, so now I`m going to be a real missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment