Monday, January 19, 2015

We Both Are Staying!‏

Well transfers came and went and Elder Ango and I are both staying here in Barrio Heros, Callao. Elder Pacas is staying to finish up his mission here too. The only one of us who was transfered from our ward was Elder Dickson. He got sent to San Martin, and he was replaced by Elder Tasker, from New Mexico. Elder Tasker is like two or three inches taller than I am! We have already become good friends.
I´ve been sick almost this whole week and its been going kind of slow. I didnt really have a fever, but a terrible burning sore throat, a bad stuffy nose and pressure and congestion in my head and sometimes a stomach ache. My nose is still sick and i still feel like I have a lot of pressure in my head and I cant pop my ears. Now Elder Ango is feeling a little sick too, but we are still alive!
Miguel´s son, Ricardo (or Miguel Jr) finally came to church yesterday! Yah, we were really happy! Just in time too, cause if he wants to get baptized on his fecha of the 7th of Febrero he will have to come the next two Sundays as well. We also had a less active sister finally come to church yesterday. Her name is Hermana Blanca. He is like a nice old grandma who lives with her sons family. We have been visiting her and teaching her for four months now and we are always inviting her to come and now she finally came!! Everyone says that she was one of the strongest sisters in the ward before everything fell apart. Now there is hope, I we can just reactivate the others we can have a better base to rebuild this ward. I was so happy that she came. And she came with her entire family! Usually only a few of them come at a time but they were all there!
We had our interviews with President Borg this Friday. We take turns rotating from the Assistants to Hermana Borg to President Borg. We had to bring our Area Book to pass off with the Assistants and they were amazed. They said that ours is the best that they`ve seen so far and that we are doing everything perfectly. Then we went to Hermana Borg for Elder Ango to take an English test. She is super nice, she suggested some things I could take for my sore throat. Then we got to have individual interviews with President Borg where we talked about how i`m doing. It was all great. He asked me if I am still reading a Book of Mormon, the kind that we give away, and marking every reference to Christ. I told him that I was and I asked him how we can know who it is referring to when it says "God" in the Book of Mormon, is it Christ or Heavenly Father? He told me that there is something like ¨Divine Endownment¨ or something like that were God delegated to Christ the ability to give revelation and guidance to us. Every revelation since the Fall of Adam has come from Christ, the only exceptions when Heavenly Father has come are the Garden of Eden, Christ´s Baptism, The Mount Transfiguration, and to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove. So almost always when it says "God" in the BoM it is talking about Christ. Thats something I learned that I thought was pretty interesting.
Wow, you guys had an exciting week! I hope that you guys can heal soon! That´s a little scary what happened with Grandma! I hope it doesnt happen again. The dog looks cute. I loved the picture of Elizabeth crawling up the couch to get away from it, Haha! I love you all. Keep up the good work!
We are going to the temple tomorrow!!!
Love, Elder Kevin Torgersen

No comments:

Post a Comment