Wow, it sounds like you guys all had fun this week! Thats fun that you all got to meet Beth`s family. I´m glad you guys are all doing good and that you`re healing, haha! Scheel`s sounds like fun and good job in wrestling.
We had another YM activity and the youth really enjoyed it! They all came back for the second time and we had a new boy come.
This week we had two baptisms in our ward. We´ve been joking with Elder Pacas and Elder Tasker that with these baptisms we are starting to run out of investigators! TIme to go find some more. Elder Dickson came back to baptize Karina, one of his and Elder Pacas`s investigators and we baptized Jeremy. Elder Ango baptized him and I confirmed him in Sacrament meeting. It was really great, both of the baptisms went smoothly and we had a lot of Jeremy`s family there at his baptism. None of them are members and for a lot of them this was their first contact with the church.
We had a miracle at church yesterday! Our Sacrament Meeting was the fullest that I have ever seen it. We had 8 of the less actives that we are focusing on come, including Herman Blanca, who came two weeks ago but not last week. I was so happy! Usually we have between 50-70 members attending every week, but yesterday I counted 103 members in Sacrament Meeting. Our work with the members is finally paying off! It felt like for months that nothing was happening with any of our less actives, but now its finally happening! We are always so tired because we have taken up all of the tasks that the ward isnt doing. We have the YM activities and our Noches de Cine (Movie Nights). It is helping a lot to have all these activities because it gets the members out.
So I got to add another wierd food to my list of "Wierd Foods that I`ve eaten on my mission." On Saturdays we eat with Hermana Brake and she almost always gives us a soup to start. In the soup is where we sometimes have the chicken feet, which I dont mind anymore, but this time there was something else! I dont even know how to describe it, but it was oval shaped and about the size of a really big bean. I had no idea what it was. It turns out that it was a chicken heart. It had the little aorta and everything sticking out of it. Elder Ango and Hna Brake`s grandson, William, kept trying to convince Elder Tasker and I that it was something else. Haha! We just popped them into our mouths and chewed it up and swallowed it. It was really rubbery and I didnt like it that much. I think I prefer the chicken feet to the chicken hearts. Afterwards we were joking that the next thing we are going to eat is brains, and then Hermana Brake told us that its a real thing and that they sell cow brains in the market. So we might be eating brain next Sturday, but we`ll see! I believe it that they sell it at the market. They sell every body part imagineable there, and it stinks so bad, but its fun to pass by and see all the interesting organs and other things that are for sale.
I hope that you guys have another good week! I love you all! Oh yea, I got the music sheets I asked for. Thanks so much! When we got home I glued the little sheets into my hymnbook! I also got the Valetines Package. Thanks for all of the chocolate. Elder Ango and I have been celebrating all the baptisms with Snickers Bars, haha!
Love, Elder Kevin Torgersen
PS. Elizabeth, you need to stop playing your computer games so that you can listen to the missionaries and get baptized! Haha!







No comments:
Post a Comment