Monday, April 13, 2015

Transfered!‏

The Jehovah`s Witnesses travel in packs!


Wow, It sounds like you had fun in Ogden! I love the pictures. 
Well it finally happened. I got transfered! I´m now in Zona Magdalena. It´s one of the nicer and more pituco zones here in the mission. My new companion is Elder Galindo, from Texas. He has 14 months and this is his third sector in the mission. He speaks both Spanish and English perfectly just like Elder Gonzalez, but 95% of the time we spaek Spanish to each other. Wow, everything here is so different! Our ward is called barrio Venezuela. Yesterday we had 180ish members in attendance, which is way different from the usual 70ish we had in Callao. The ward here is focused on missionary work and they support us a lot. There are actually ward missionaries and I had my third missionary correlation meeting in my whole mision on Friday. It is so nice! We are the only two missionaries in the ward. Two months ago there were four, but the other sector got closed. Now we have the entire ward to roam, and our sector is HUGE! I am used to my old 4 block x 6 block sector in Heros, but now I feel like my sector is half of Lima! It is more or less 20 x 20 blocks! I have never done so much walking in one day in my whole mission! I´m fine though, it`s good for me and I dont need anything sent. Elder Galindo is the Disrict Leader. Its pretty cool because I knew him back in Callao. When I got there he was in La Punta and he trained Elder Pettit, so we already know each other. We are the only elders in our district, the rest of the missionaries are hermanas. Half of the 24 missionaries here in Magdalena are hermanas! It is so wierd. I am not used to being around them. It was way too dangerous for hermanas to be in Callao and I was there 6 months, so now I`ll have to get used to it! It`s kind of fun though. Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday we go play basketball with the hermanas and some members at 6 in the morning. Oh yea, we have a pensionista too. The family is really fun!
This Saturday we had a baptism. Elder Galindo baptized an awesome lady named Carmen. I got to confirm her in Sacrament Meeting. I haven´t known her too long, but I can tell that she was really prepared to recieve the restored gospel.
We had a cool experience with a service project this week that I want to share. We got a call a few days ago from a recently returned missionary named Renzo, who told us that his neighbors needed some help Friday at 8 in the morning with some stuff for their house. We got to their house with him and saw that it was a  half finished 6-floor building! They needed help moving a bunch of poles and boards from the 5th to the 6th floor, and it was a bunch of wood. There werent stairs up to the 6th floor yet so Galindo and I climbed up a ladder and Renzo and the others handed us the poles one-by-one through a hole in the roof. We finished in exactly one hour and afterwards the mom of the family invited us to a small breakfast to thank us. She was super impressed with us and how we worked. She liked that we just showed up and worked hard without complaining until the job was done. We made an appointment to go back and share something about Jesus the next day. We went back and shared L1, "The Restoration" with them. Then we invited them to be baptized and they accepted! It was such a cool spiritual lesson and experience, and it all came from a simple early morning service project.
I love you all. They told me that all of the letters and packages you sent got to Callao Wednesday, so it should get here to me in two days. I can get ties here, but if you picked out some special ones I would love to have them. Stay safe and have a fun week!
Love, Elder Kevin Torgersen


Goodbyes






 This is Teresa and her man. They have been coming for 3 1/2 years but cant get baptized until they get married which finally should happen this month!


 Said goodbye to the investigator, Evelyn and her husband

 Last night w/ Gonzalez



Goodbye to bishop‏





Carmen´s Baptism




No comments:

Post a Comment