Well, we had a really good week. We took the baptismal invitation challenge to heart and had 52 baptismal invitations with a specific date. We beat the entire zone! We know we can do better this week though. It is kind of fun now.
This weekend we had two baptisms! After almost 6 months of visiting and helping, and a lot of last minute stress, Albert and Andrea got married in a massive wedding in La Perla, Callao! We didnt get to go to their wedding though. Then, Saturday night Albert and Martin Salomón got baptized! They both asked me to baptized them. The actual baptismal service was crazy! The first baptism was an 8 year-old girl from the ward who was really scared and took half an hour to get into the water and then didnt get completely summerged. I think that they are going to try again next week. Albert and Andrea came late from the wedding in Callao so we went ahead and baptized Martin. I was a little nervous to baptize him because he is really big and Im not as strong as I used to be. It went well and then I sat there in my half wet clothes waiting for Albert to show up from the wedding and get dressed in white. After the baptism, the ward threw a surprise wedding reception/baptism party for them. Martin and Albert got confirmed on Sunday and they also got interviewed and ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood. Yesterday, Albert told us that he got interviewed for a calling as well! They are going to call him as the 2nd counselor in the Young Mens! This has been a lifechanging weekend for him, hahaha! He got married, baptized, confirmed, ordained to the aaronic priesthood, and had his first calling extended to him all in about 24 hours! I have been waiting for this moment since I first met him. I knew that he was going to get baptized, they are such a cool family! I am really happy. Hahaha, I feel like I dont know what to do now because they have been my biggest goal here so months. Now we have to get them to the temple,and then prepare them to be sealed in a year.
Im glad you are all having good spiritual and missionary experiences! Right now in my New Testament reading I started reading in Hebrews. I really liked how it talked about the Melchizedek Priesthood and its importance. It was something interesting that I learned this morning. Keep reading your scriptures todos los días! I love you all!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment