Well not much happened this week, we contacted, had intercambios, invited people to be baptized, got chased by a homeless man, and visited families. Im enjoying the new experience of being a district leader here in La Victoria now. Its pretty fun and easy. But yea, not much happened this week.
The other day we went to follow up on some people that we had contacted in the street and we had written down their addresses to visit them. We knocked the door of an 88 year old ex-policeman that had talked to us a few days again but he wasnt too interested in our message. As we talked to him, his 24 year old grandson came out of the house and said " Are you guys the Mormons?, Ive always wanted to talk to you guys!" He came out and was super interested. We started telling him about the church and he asked a lot of questions. He liked everything we told him and he said that this was the church that he was looking for! It was a cool experience.
We are still contacting to find new people. We have found quite a few this last week but none of them went to church yesterday. Ive been thinking a lot about what one of the members told me the other day. He reminded me that we were chosen to serve here. Only the tough missionaries can serve here in Lima. Outside of Lima in the rest of Peru it is super easy to get baptisms, but here we have hundreds of different churches, anti-mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses, impossible work schedules, gang fights and everything that makes the work a lot harder. I really have learned a lot from all of the adversity. It reminds me of 2 Nephi 2 when it talks about "opposition". Its super important that there is opposition in all things or we wouldnt be able to learn and grow. When we have a lot of trials we have to choice to rise up and grow stronger or to flop and give up. I have seen how much stronger I have become thanks to the experiences that I have gained here on my mission!!
Well I love you all. Have a great Thanksgiving!! I´ll just imagine that my chicken is turkey and that my boiled potatos are mashed and that all of the rice is stuffing, hahahahah! I love you all!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central
(The view from our 3rd story room. You can see the national stadium across the freeway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment