Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Wild Week!‏

Happy Valentines Day!!! Thanks for all of the letters! I love hearing about everything thats going on: the dances, dates, temple trips, yoga, and all the rest!
Wow, so this week was a little crazy. A lot of stuff happened. Sorry we couldnt write yesterday. We had a Multizonas meeting almost all day. It was great but long. I really like being around President and Sister Larson and the assistants (E´Guttierez and E´Killpack) I feel spiritually edified when we have the opportunity to be trained and taught by them.
So to start off the craziness this week we went to the clinic in Javier Prado. As Hermana Borg used to say "Losing yourself in the work sometimes wears your body down" Hahaha! There were these wierd ulcer/blister things that appeared on the bottom of my feet. I was a little worried because they just looked like huge blisters but there was no puss or anything. It was just like a patch of dead skin so we went to go get it checked out. The doctor said that it is just a strange type of blister that was deep. He gave me a prescription for a cream and told me that I should go get special orthotics for my shoes. We´ll see what happens though.
Then we went to visit one of our investigators who was progressing fastest. She has all of the lessons and we were working on building her testimony and helping her get a new job so that she could come to church more that just once a month. Last time we taught her the law of Chastity with Hermana Cris, our pensionista. We asked her if she had some challenge with the law of chastity and she said no. Ths time we went and I could tell that something wasnt right. We asked her how she felt about her baptism on the 20th of february and she said that she couldnt get baptized because she isnt keeping the law of chastity. It was like a bullet to the heart to the both of us! Apparently, the father of her son comes everyweekend and they arent married. We had no idea! It is going to be a lot harder now for her to get baptized. They will have to get married or separated and marriages here can be so complicated!
That was tough, but God gave us someone else to teach who is prepard to recieve the restored gospel as well. Her name is Santitos. She was a reference from a member in another ward in the stake. She is about 65 years old and has cancer. She has been battling it since about 1998. Her friend in Argentina always wrote to her on facebook about the church and now she wants to learn more and get baptized. She is super prepared. We invited her to come to church and when we told her that its from 9am to 12pm almost always the people say "Three Hours!?! That long?" but she accepted it without question and said that she would be there. She wasnt able to go because they found new cancer nodes in her lungs and she had to go to the hospital for more chemotherapy and she didnt feel very good, but we are going to be able to visit her this week again!
Also we made a lot of progress with Jahairo this week. He still isnt too sure about committing to a church but he is now searching more seriously for his answer about the Book of Mormon and is Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I feel like his baptism is close!
My district now includes barrio Barranco which is on the other side of the stake! I had an interview this week for one of the investigators who was going to get baptized. It was a really great experience but it was really far! It took almost three hours out of our day for all of the traveling and it was probably the fastest interview that I have ever had.
Thats just a little bit of my crazy week! The mission is great! My companion and I are getting along better. The district is improving every week. The church is true! I love you all! Thanks for all of the pictures! Sorry I dont have any this week!
-- 
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

No comments:

Post a Comment