Elder Ibañez, Elder Alfaro, and I. They are both going to finish their missions at the end of this change. They are some of my bestfriends here.
I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here on a mission. This week we had a zone meeting instead of a district meeting and I really liked something that the zone leaders said. They said that callings are temporary. This is the one time in my life that I will serve here in barrio Santa Beatriz. It really helped me to wake up a little bit and see that I need to give everything while I am here cause I wont be able to go back! We have been working hard this week. We teach a lot of lessons and we find a lot of new investigators. The tricky part is finding the people who will progress because right now we have a lot of investigators but a lot of them have a lot of challenges that are impiding their spiritual growth.
This week we had the first ever District Leader meeting in the mission office for only the district leaders of the mission. It was awesome and I learned a lot. I have realized that callings help us learn and serve. i feel like I wouldnt be the same missionary if i didnt have this opportunity to serve my district, and we have had some big challenges. There is one problem elder who sometimes wants to go home and sometimes wants to stay. I went on a work visit with him to try to help him out and I think it worked a little bit. His companion is always calling me to go talk to him or make him work. Sometimes it makes me feel like the babysitter.
This week I realized that the key to missionary work is love. I need to love the people more. I feel like in my last two areas I really tried hard to love the people but maybe with the problems that we had with my companion when I first got here my love for others started to dry up. I need to serve others more and love them. That is why after loving God above all things the second greatest commandment is to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. It has taken on a new meaning for me. To love is not only to say nice things, but to serve. As a missionary, if I really love the people I will contact and talk to everyone possible about the gospel because I want them to be blessed as I have been blessed. I will study my scriptures and prepare myself diligently to be prepared to teach with authority and the spirit. Everything that missionaries do should be done out of love. I am grateful for this opportunity for me to forget myself and serve and love others, which is something that I have seen that a lot of missionaries havent learned yet. Now I want my love to grow to be like the love that Ammon and the sons of Mosiah had for the Lamanites. The more we love and devote ourselves to the people the more success we will have. I am convinced of that.
I was really happy to hear about all of the wrestling stories and fun at home. Thanks for being such an awesome family! I havent found an equal in all of my mission. Thanks for the letter and the pictures too. I really like the pictures of the new temple. Keep me posted about its dedication and the culture celebration dances!
Love you all, bye!!!
Pictures: -me with the family Del Castillo. They are Tristan´s ward mission leader´s parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment