Well, this week was fun, Elder Patterson and I are both learning a lot together. He is learning how to be a good missionary and how to speak spanish, and I am learning how to be a better leader and example.
So these last few weeks we have been visiting Jahairo and he has been preparing himself to be baptized on the 26th of March! He was pretty excited and more sure about that date than the other ones in the past. We have been visiting him everyday this past week to help him get his answer and commit to the 26th because we have been teaching him for several months now and he always worms himself out of his baptismal goal even though he says that he would like to eventually get baptized. So Elder Patterson and I went one day to go teach him and we were planning to teach him about temples and family history, but he started to tell us some of his doubts and I felt the impression that he didnt really understand well enough the concept of the "forgiveness of sins," so we started to explain it to him again. We had him read several scriptures and then he read Isaiah 1:18. He read it out loud, then paused and read it several times to himself and then he looked up at us and asked, "what is happening? I feel sometime different, like a warm nice feeling that is entering my heart. What is this feeling?" We explained to him that what he was feeling was the spirit. It was the first time that he had felt it like that in his whole life. It was soo cool and he was soo excited! After that the was even more sure about his baptism on the 26th! The days went on and he told us that he was going to give us his 100% sure answer about his baptism on saturday, one week from the 26th. I prayed so hard that he would commit 100% to the 26th. We went to go visit him and he started to talk and told us that he didnt sleep all night because he was thinking about everything. He decided that he did want to get baptized but that it wouldnt be the 26th. He decided that it would be best on the 18th of June for some reason. After he said that I decided that we werent going to leave his house until he committed to the 26th because I knew that he was ready and that he had recieved his answer, he was just scared. He told us everything, all of his fears and doubts and we helped him a lot and after about 2 1/2 hours he finally commited to the 26th. He went to church yesterday and the bishop announced his baptism on the 26th at 6pm. The whole ward got super excited because almost all of the members know him becasue he has been investigating for so long. It helped him to feel more sure about the 26th too. We are super excited for this Saturday, he is going to be a great member.
We went to the temple with the ward again to help with the baptisms for the dead for all the youth and recent converts. I got to be the guy who sits at the desk and puts all the names under the camera and marks them off, again. So that was fun. I love going to the temple.
Oh yea, Elder Patterson´s twin got his mission call to the Colombia Bogota South mission so thats exciting too!!!
Do you guys remember how we were teaching Maicol? He wanted to get baptized and went to church two weeks and then moved. Well last night we went to his house and he told us that he moved back and that he wants us to visit him again. I am excited to teach him, he is really cool.
I love you all and pray for you everyday!!!!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central
This is Donny Del Castillo, and his wife, who knew Tristan in Russia! He was his ward mission leader!
This is us with Kevin an member who always accompanies us who got baptized a year ago, and Giovana and her husband Diego. I interviewed Giovana a few months ago for her baptism and now her husband is investigating the church. He is really catholic but really cool and he went to the temple with his wife and waited for her out in the gardens while she was inside. I know that he will be a member soon!
This is us with two of the bishops kids at the temple
No comments:
Post a Comment