Wow, its been an awesome week! We had cambios on Tuesday and I´m training a new missionary! It´s super exciting. When they told me that I would be training I was wondering what country he would be from. Maybe Perú, Colombia, Bolivia, maybe Utah... But nope, my new companion is Elder Patterson and he is from New Zealand!!! We are thinking that he is probably the first missionary from New Zealand here in our mission. Its pretty exciting. He is super excited and willing to learn and that helps me a lot. He has an accent that makes him sound like an Australian. He also used different words like the Brittish use to call things. It´s been fun this week too but different. It´s wierd being with a new missionary. I´m used to teaching a bit and then looking at my companion to let him teach and take turns like that, but now I just look at my companion and nothing happens because he doesnt know and I keep teaching, hahaha! I pretty much have to teach the whole lesson but I am surprised how fast he is learning. Everyday he learns so much and his Spanish is improving. His mom is a Peruvian from Lima but he doesnt know how to speak Spanish very well yet. It is fun to be able to help him. I am really greatful for this great opportunity to be able to train a new missionary. Its giving me the opportunity to go back to the basics and to re-learn everything. It reminds me a bit of when I started the mission a year and a half ago. Oh yea, this week I completed 18 months in the mission! Its going by so fast, too fast.
On Thursday we had the big meeting in La Molina with Elder Robbins of the Presidency of the Seventy. It was great. He talked a lot about how to get along with another person, especially a companion or future spouse. I know that I need to prepare now to be the best husband and father that I can possibly be. We also got to see Elder Holden and Elder Allen so that was awesome too!
Friday morning the zone had a contacting activity in our ward, which means that the whole zone came to talk to strangers in the street. We had a really cool experience. Elder Pearce and Elder Cancino were in our sector and they contacted an older man. We just happened to be closeby and they presented him to us because he lives in our sector. After about only two minutes of getting to know him he recognized us as the Lord´s servants and immediately brought us to about ten of his friends who live or work in our sector. He would just bring us to someone, tell them that we are missionaries and ask them when we could visit them. He even started contacting random strangers in the street to get them to listen to us. It was great! I havent ever had an experience like that. We made an appointment to go visit him on Wednesday to get to know even more people! He says that know that he is retired he dedicates himself to God´s service.
Well, I hope you all enjoy the Cultural Celebration. Be sure to record it or something because we arent going to be able to watch it.
I love you all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment