Well I really loved this General Conference! It made me sad to think that this was my last one in the mission. There were so many great talks that I loved so much. I know that we have inspired prophets and apostles who lead and guide us in these latter days. We were all super excited to hear the announcement of the second temple here in Lima. It was a complete surprise. Ever since I´ve been here I´ve heard rumors and theories from members and missionaries that they were either going to make the current temple bigger or build a new one, but they have been saying that for years and nothing ever happened, until now!! All of us gringo missionionaries got to watch conference in english in a separate classroom in the stake center on a little TV. When the prophet announced the new temple we could hear the gasped and excited voices from all of the faithful members in the chapel. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Even as I sit here writing this and thinking about it, it brings a powerful feeling over me and almost makes me want to cry. The Work is progressing here in Perú! There is a huge need for a new temple. The current one is frankly too small, and too overused by members who come from all over the country to recieve its blessings. A second temple in Lima is a testimony to me that what we are doing here in contributing to this part of the Lord´s Vineyard. I felt really bad that Maicol and Bianca and our other investigators, less-actives, and converts all cancelled at the last minute and werent able to go to the conference and I was really sick and tired of people not being obedient and always failing us. Its something that happens your entire mission and I was just about sick with it. I was wondering why it isnt easier and why people just cant understand? When the prophet announced the new temple I felt better. I know that even if there are challenges and we feel like we arent making a difference, we really are. I know that we are laying the foundation to a great work. We dont know yet where the new temple will be built exactly, but we are all super excited for it. I loved how so many leaders taught us about temples and blessing of the priesthood that we can enjoy thanks to the restoration of the gospel, church, and priesthood authority of Jesus Christ.
Just for an update, Maicol still wants to get baptized but he has to go to church at least once more before we can do it. He wasnt able to go to the conference becasue of a training meeting he had and next week there are no church activities becasue it is the Peruvian national elections so he will have to go on the 17th to get baptized on the 23th. He is really cool and he testimony is slowly building. I know that he will get baptized I just hope that Im still here to see it!
I hope you all have a great spring break and thanks for always writing!
--
No comments:
Post a Comment