
Hola familia! Well, you are probably wondering if I got transfered so I´ll start with that first. So I´d been in Santa Beatriz for six months already and I was pretty sure that I was going to get changed, but Monday night President Larson called me and told me that he hasnt forgotten about me and knows that I have been here a long time, but that he wants me to stay one more transfer. He said that my last letter really touched him because I told him that I have worked very hard here for six months and have had very little success and that we are just know starting to see the fruits of months and months of our labor. He knows that this is one of the hardest places in the mission and really wanted me to keep helping the people and families that we are currently preparing to be baptized. He said just 6 more weeks and then we´ll talk again. So, I´m still here in Santa Beatriz! It´s a long time but its great though. This will be the second time that I´ve been in a sector for 7 1/2 months. Most missionaries only spend up to 6 months and sometimes less in every sector. The ward has improved so much! There are a lot of new members and leaders. There is a new senior couple of missionaries from Utah who live in our sector too. They came to our ward for the first time yesterday. They are the Hills from Lindon and they are really nice! I can imagine you guys are senior missionaries in a few years. It would be really fun!
Well I´m excited to be here another transfer! We are going to have a lot of fun and success!!
Jahairo got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and accompanied us like three times last week. He had a really spiritual experience in one lesson were he bore his testimony to and taught a lady who had a lot of problems and he was able to help here a lot. Afterwards, he told me that if that is what missionary work is like then he is going to think more seriously about serving a mission! I´m excited for him I hope he acts on that desire to serve. He´ll be a great missionary!
I cant think of much else that happened this week. I love you all. We are going to be able to do Skype on May 8th. We are coordinating with the Hanke Family to use their laptop cause they are going to give us lunch that day.
Love you all!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Oh yea, and they keep giving a lot of false coins to my companion when they give him change cause he doesnt know the difference yet. Hahaha! He´s learning. Can you tell the difference between the real and fake coin?
No comments:
Post a Comment