I´m always so happy to hear from you guys! Thanks for sharing everything with me! I love you! Well, not much happened this week that was out of the ordinary. We keep improving, finding people, and preparing them to get baptized. Its so hard to believe that today I am starting my last transfer of 6 weeks in the mission! I dont want to think about it too much. Its sad.
After sacrament meeting we went straight to the offices for Elder Luis´s final interview with President Larson and then we spent the rest of the day saying goodbye to his converts and the members in the sectors that he has served in. It was fun but last night I was exhausted when we got back to the room. I think I gained 5 pounds too because every person that we visited wanted to give us food and Inca Kola. We had two big lunches, dinner, and a lot of food in between. I still feel a little sick to my stomach. It was nice to see how so many of his converts are progressing and going to church ever week. I think thats the best part of missionary work, seeing the impact that the gospel makes in the convert´s lives.
Cambios are tomorrow and Elder Luis is going home, so obviously I´ll be getting a new companion. Sometime this afternoon they should be letting us know.
In my personal study I just finished reading the epistle of Paul to the Hebrews and I love all of the connections that it makes to the Law of Moses. I have read it before but I felt like this time it helped me to better understand the atonement. Christ gave his life and his blood for us, offering us a remision of our sins, remission that can´t come from the blood of goats of bulls, but only through a perfect and final sacrifice. He was the only one who could have done it, being the only perfect being that has ever walked this earth. Being the greatest of all high priests, because without the need to first be purified gave himself as a sacrifice. I am so greatful for the scriptures and the atonement. I love how the scriptires help me to understand and appreciate all that has been planned out and done so that we can return to our loving Heavenly Father´s presence as eternal families.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
No comments:
Post a Comment