HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! This week was a good one. I felt like we improved a lot. We had two baptisms and three confirmations in the zone this weekend.
Martes we went to Parque de las Aguas. It was fun but wierd because it was in my last sector. I used to walk past it everyday. We went with the La Libertad zone and I got to see Elder Tasker, which was fun. He is going home next week with Elder Luis. The mission is going to get a lot smaller because next week 26 missionaries are going home and only 9 new ones are coming.
This week we had a good experience with Claudia and her less-active husband, Matthew. They are both awesome but Matthew has some Word of Wisdom problems. He stopped using drugs and was down to only one cigarette a day. Apparently the other day he had a relapse and Hermana Claudia was mad because he didnt want to admit it. They were having a lot of fights and couple problems. We went to visit them and helped them understand that they have to pray and read the Book of Mormon together if they want to improve their relationship. We all decided to fast together. We started it with a kneeling prayer and when we went back the next day to end it they took each other by the hand and as Hermano Matthew said the closing prayer they both started crying. The spirit was really strong! I know that Heavenly Father loves them! Claudia decided that she is for sure going to get baptized!
Our pensionista´s son, Adrian got baptized this week too! They are a really fun family!
This week we found an 83 year-old man who is super smart and knows a lot about the Bible. He let us right in and just started talking, we had to control the situation a lot. The missionaries visited him about 6 months ago and apparently he even went to church a few times. He went back into his room and came back out with three bibles, one of them was an english leather bible from our church (like one of the quads but only the bible.) He reads his bible in english and started off asking us about what he read in the bible dictionary that Adam and Eve didnt have blood before they ate the forbidden fruit. I just thought to myself, "oh boy, this isnt getting off to a good start." We were able to teach him the restauracion and I felt like we explained it very well. I felt the spirit very strongly as i bore testimony of the restauration, I know that it is true! At the end we explained how he could get an answer from God if what we had taught him is true. He wants us to come back. He knows so much and he already believes in most of the church´s doctrine. Im excited to go back to teach him.
Well, I think thats it for this week! Love you all! Have a great one!
--




No comments:
Post a Comment