This week went by so fast. it was like yesterday was my last P-day! It´s crazy! Yesterday was our halfway point here at the CCM. We are into week four now. We did a lot of fun stuff this week. We went on another adventure to the far side of the CCM and we caught a Mexican Garter snake. So that was exciting.Then on Friday, we were weeding a flowerbed for a service activity and I found an awesome caterpillar. It was black with long hairs and orange and yellow stripes. I´ll include a picture. We named it Mari, for mariposa, which means butterfly in Spanish. Moroni, the worker who was helping us weed said it was our mascota. We are discouraged from keeping pets, so we only kept it for one day. We made a little terrarium cage for it out of a cardboard box and a garbage sack. That´s the kind of fun stuff we do here in our spare moments.
Our district does this thing that that we call English fasts, where we can only speak Spanish for about two-three hours everyday. For every word that you speak in English, you have to do five lagartijas (push-ups). It´s pretty fun, but definitely a lot quieter than when we are allowed to speak English.
So you know how all of the Spanish Hymns are not the same page numbers as the English hymnbooks? Well its sometimes had to pick a song to sing when we don't know what page any of them are on. So I had this great idea that since you guys can use the internet you guys could look up a list of how the hymns compare and send it to us in a letter. That would be great.
We got eight new latinos in our casa the other day. We all went to the Tienda and bought drinks and cookies that we left in their room for them with a note that said, "Bienvenidos al CCM -Los Americanos." I think only one or two of them speak a little English. It will be a great way for us to learn Spanish. I am still like the translator. Last night, one of the latino elders started talking to Elder Richards and he called, "Elder Torgersen, I need a translator, i can´t understand him." It´s really fun to be able to understand and talk to the latinos. The ones in the room across from ours don´t have an alarm clock so they asked me to pound on the door and wake them up every morning. I also used my adapter thing for the first time on Tuesday. One of the latinos needed to use it to plug in his steamer thing that had a weird plug. I like helping them, they´re all really nice.
In my personal study I found Isaiah 29. It´s an amazing chapter. It is the prophecy of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the Gospel. It also says how the book will be given to the learned man who will say that he cannot read a sealed book (Professor Anthon), and it will be given to the unlearned man (Joseph Smith). Then go through and read the footnotes. In JSH 1:63-65, the prophecy of the learned man and the unlearned man is fulfilled almost word for word! I think that´s just crazy! Isaiah prophesied this thousands of years ago!
Tell Brandon to check his email. I am about to write him so I need to wrap this up. This is my last chance before he gets here. My district is scheduled to pick up the arriving missionaries for the next two Wednesdays from 3:45-6:00pm so tell Brandon that.
I love you all!
Elder Torgersen
At the CCM american football stadium!


No comments:
Post a Comment