Saturday, October 18, 2014

Flight Plans

Well, because we are leaving on Monday, they are giving us some time to write today to let our families know about our flight plans. I pretty much already told you guys though. We are leaving at 11am from the CCM on Monday. We are taking the TransAmericcan Airlines. Our plane takes off around 3pm, and we get to Lima around 8:45pm. 
My birthday was awesome! So after we finished writing emails, we went and played cage soccer with Elder Allen´s district. Then we went to the post office and I got another package. It was from my district. It was filled with candy and treats that they bought for me at the Tienda. It was really nice of them. Then, when we went back to the classroom, they had me sit down in my chair and Elder Richards covered my eyes while they all sang Happy Birthday to me in Spanish. When I opened my eyes, there was a chocolate cake in front of me! It was awesome. We divided it all up and ate it before daily planning. Apparently the other Elders told Sister Jones, one of the older couple missionaries who works here, that it was my birthday, so she made me a cake. We are her favorite district here. She told them not to tell any of the other missionaries, or they would want one too. We have helped her and Elder Jones with welcoming the new missionaries for the last two weeks, and whenever we have free time on P-days we always go ask her if she has any service for us. She is the nicest Sister missionary here!
Thursday night, as we were walking back to our casa, a huge cucaracha ran out in front of us. I stomped it dead and then we got a good look at it. It was almost two inches long! It was so big that it probably could have talked to us!
Today we took pictures with our teachers. It is our last day of classes. Our teachers are Hno. Villanueva in the mornings, and Hnos. Fernandez and Terrazas in the night. Hno. Fernandez was my favorite teacher here. It´s cool that all of the teachers here and most of the workers have served missions themselves.  In a few hours, we are going to have the devotional with Neil L Anderson! But first we have to finish writing and then start packing! I can´t believe we are leaving already. Elder Sorensen and I have to hurry and finish up so we can relieve Elder Patterson so he can come write. Elder Richards came down with strep throat last night and is not feeling well, so he is resting at the casa now.
***I think we might be able to call from the airport, but I don´t know how we are going to be able to work it out, because I don´t have another opportunity to check email before then and the next mail wont come until Monday afternoon. If you want to do it you will have to respond before I get off!***







Our favorite CCM workers! Pablo is in the red, and Javier is in the green. Every time we see each other, we give high-fives, or knuckles and stop to talk or joke with them, Javier is really funny and is always cracking jokes. According to him, the secret to learning Spanish is in the beans and salsa here in the comedor.






No comments:

Post a Comment