Hello everybody! Another week has already past. I think this one was one of the fastest so far. It's crazy. This is our last P-day until cambios next Tuesday. Thanks for the pictures. It[s great to see pictures of Dylan's baptism. So is Isaiah working on his papers then? Is that why he bought a new suit?
It´s so wierd that Mathew is back already. It seems like he should still have one year left at least.
For my family history pamphlet I also need little pictures, like 1"x1.5", of my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.
I realized that there is one thing you guys were missing in your chicken noodle soup: chicken feet! We had it again yesterday with Hermana Brake. It´s not that bad anymore.
Last P-day we went and played soccer against Rimac, another zone in the mission. They all had their nice matching jerseys, but ours hadn´t come yet so we were all different colors. Our jerseys came a few days later. They are yellow and blue. Apparently every zone picks out matching jerseys to play soccer against the other zones in. It was pretty fun, but I´m not very good at soccer compared to the latinos. They are crazy!
I got your package with the pictures and my license at our Multizonas meeting this week. Elder Ango loves the mints. I really like all the pictures about the deck. It looks like a fun project. The meeting was great. I was asked to play the piano. President andHermana Borg and the assistants taught us and we did some training about the process of conversion and stuff like that.
I found out about pouch mail. We can recieve it but we can´t send it in this mission. Only real letters through the regular mail, and we aren´t too sure were the post ofice even is.
So the other day we were talking to a lady in front of her house who was a reference from a member in the other ward that meets in our building. She has a lot of problems and we were taking for a while with her. Then before we left, Elder Ango asked to buy some of the stuff she was selling. It´s called manzamora morada, or something like that. Imagine hot tar in a strange reddish/purplish color. Then she asked me if I wanted some. Not knowing any better and never having tried it before I said yes. So she filled two cups full of the stuff. I started to eat it and it wasn´t good, but it wasn´t bad either. When Elder Ango say me eating it he started to also. We finished it before we left. As we were walking away, Elder Ango told me that he didnt mean to eat it, he was just trying to be nice. Now he tells me, after I´d already eaten it! I had forgotten that we aren´t supposed to eat food from the streets because we don´t know how it was prepared. We both had stomach aches for a couple of days. Now the thought of that stuff makes me sick. Elder Ango decided that we needed to purge our stomachs so he bought us these laxative drinks and we spent the afternoon in our room. I already had diarrhea but then it got worse. (You better not send this to Sister Taylor!) Haha! But now I feel fine!
Our investigator, Miguel Angel is going to be baptized this Saturday. He is the one in the wheelchair. Elder Ango and I are going to baptize him together because he can´t bend his knees very much. He is the perfect investigator. He loves the Book of Mormon. I think he might finish it before his baptism. A few weeks ago he had a dream where he saw a pillar of light and was told that this is the path he should take. Then this week he was at work praying and asked for another sign. After his prayer he said he saw a cloud overhead part and a light started to shine on him. A feeling of peace and comfort washed over him. He decided not to ask for more signs.
Yesterday after Sacrament Meeting we took Miguel into a classroom to practice his baptismal interview and to teach him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. Just as we were finishing up the Law of Chastity Hermana Brake came in with Hermana Ojeda, our old land lady. Hna Ojeda was not feeling well and needed a priesthood blessing. WHen Elders Pacas and Dickson got there we annointed and blessed her. Then her pain started to get worse. She thought she was having a heart attack or something and that she was going to die. The bishop came and we helped he take some of her medicine. We brought her son (Hermano Valle, the blind man at the piano classes) in to be with her. Herman Brake was holding her hand and comforting her as she was crying and saying that she wanted to die in her house in Vigil ( the street we live in). The bishop left to get her more medicine and to get a doctor and she asked for another blessing. I blessed her this time. The whole time she was pretty much crying and yelling stuff like "Please Lord, help me" and " Bless me Elder." Eventually she started to settle down. The doctor came and took her blood pressure and said she was just having some kind of panic attack. All of this happened in front of Miguel!
When we were taking Miguel home after church he told us the story of his accident, why he has to use a wheelchair and crutches and sometimes is so shaky. One day, back in 2006, he was walking in the street and a thief hit him and took his bag. Then while he was on the ground the thief began to repeated kick him in the back. Afterwards, he was able to get up and walk home but ever since then he has been losing strength in his legs. He also has a hernia from this assault. I can´t believe that anyone would do that to him! He has been prepared to hear our message and he knows that it is true. it´s so cool to see his love for the Gospel. He isn´t afraid to tell people about the Gospel anymore and he hasn´t even been baptized yet!
I drew an analogy from another experience I had this week. We were walking home pretty fast one night, and I think our pace excited a pack of dogs that was on the other side of the street. They started to bark at us and then chase us into the street. But we just kept looking forward and walking at the same pace. It was so hard to not look down or back at the dogs that were right behind us. They were so loud and sometimes I could feel them brush against the back of my legs. We were ok because we did not submit to them and only pressed forward on our way. If we would have looked at them or stopped we probably would have been bitten and attacked. This is like an example of the world today. The temptations of the world are trying to get us to look at them or follow them, but we need to keep our sights focused on our goal and endure to the end. The moment we give attention to the dogs or temptations of the world we get bitten.
I love you all. Keep choosing the right and having fun. Read the Book of Mormon and have Family Home Evening. Have fun in wrestling and everything else. Send me some letters about it boys. I want to hear all about it.
Love,
Elder Kevin Torgersen
No comments:
Post a Comment