Monday, March 9, 2015

Time is Flying!


Wow, another week. Elder Gonzalez and I get along pretty well. We are different, but I can get along with everybody. He is from California. He is pretty cool, but doenst have the super missionary attitude that Elder Ango and I had, so sometimes I have to encourage him to work. Honestly I feel like the senior companion, but its all ok, its a good leadership and growing experience.
That last Sacrament meeting Sounds like fun. We had a really good one too. I helped Jeremy and Luis Angel pass the sacrament for the first time ever yesterday. They were really nervous like evvery deacon is for the first time, but they did a really good job. The ward loved it, especially the old people. One lady was giving her talk and started crying cause she was so happy that we have youth in the ward to pass the sacrament. It has been a super long time since that last happened and its another sign of the hard work that we have been doing here in Barrio Heros.
I´m so glad that you guys are doing family history. I love doing it now too. I´ve been able to help peolpe to their own. This week we are going to help Jeremy and Luis Angel do it so that they can take family names when we take them to the temple on Saturday
Did you guys do anything fun for mom´s birthday last month. Sorry I forgot! Happy Birthday mom! I love the stuff you guys are doing and all the temple pictures and that trip to do baptisms!
Last Pday we had some fun and went with the zone to Larcomar to rent bikes and ride up to the Cristo statue on the big hill in Chorrillos. Last time, Elder Dickson and I were able to make it all the way up to the top without stopping, but this time Elder Tasker and I tried it and we couldnt do it. We are really getting out of shape. It reminded me that Elder Ango used to always complain to me that the church needs to pay for liposuction after the missionaries get home from their missions! Haha! We finally did get up to the top though. I only had to take two short breaks but my legs were like Jell-O afterwards. Technically Chorrillos is just outside our mission and in Lima South, but we have permission to bike there. The view is amazing from that hill. When you´re up there you can see at least five other huge Cristo statues on different hills around the outskirts of Lima.
I have another thing to add to my wierd foods list. So one night we went to eat at Hermana Brake´s house and after we finished eating her grandkids brought out this chocolate pudding stuff and some crackers to dip it into. They told me to try it and they all stood around me suspiciously in a circle witing for me to try it. It tasted just like a sweet chocolate pudding. They asked if I liked it and told me what it was made out of. Do you remember the "Sangrecita" or cooked chicken blood. Well they take that and just blend it up with vainilla, sugar, and milk, and it makes chocolate pudding! Haha I think it scared Elder Gonzalez cause he never tried it after they told us that.
There was just barely an accident right outside this internet place. We all ran out to see it.
Thanks for praying for us and our investigators with a baptismal date. So last week Hayde, Miguel´s mom, pretty much told us that she cant listen to us or listen to us anymore, but this week we went to go pick up Miguel and Tatiana to go to church and she had told Miguel that morning that she wanted to come today. SHe was ready and everything and the ward really helped her have a good experience at church today.She was the nicest and most open to us that she has ever been. There still is hope that she can be baptized on the 28th! Tatiana is still reading the Book of Mormon. It is going slowly but she still likes it and feels good about it and is still looking forward to baptizing her parents in the temple. i helped her make an account on familysearch this week.
Today for Pday we are going to a place called La Cachina. They say its like a black market of sorts in Lima and we are going to go look around. It should be fun.
Well I hope you all have a good week. I should be finishing my journal in a month or two and then I´ll send it to you guys and you can read what goes on every day of the mission.
Love you all, 
Elder Kevin Torgersen





No comments:

Post a Comment