Pday pancakes w/ Sorensen
Playing piano in white
After-baptism Party!

Hola everyone! It is still great here. We got sick Monday night and I was throwing up during the night and had a bad fever. We didnt even leave the apartment Tuesday because we were so sick. The District leader came and gave us priesthood blessings. We blamed Elder Sorensen because he made us pancakes (which didnt turn out at all, they were like rubber disks!) for Pday last week in the stake center kitchen. He is a great cook, but his excuse was that he needs a "real kitchen." We didnt think too much about the cockroaches climbing up the walls at the time, but now we regret it. We ate strawberries too, which could get us sick, but we cooked them into a syrup so I don´t think it was those. Hermana Borg didnt think it was the rubber pancakes that got us sick but we still blame Elder Sorensen.
We had a really successful week here and we just found out that Zona Callao was named the "Zone of Excellence" for the month of March. During March only, we had 20 baptisms and 40 reactivations here in Callao. We´ve been working extra hard. We had a "Noche Blanca" friday night, which is were we have a really big baptismal service and there are a lot of people dressed in white. I baptized our investigator, Tatiana. I was kind of nervous because she is basically a cripple and can´t walk very well, she walks like a zombie. It went well though. I was the last one to baptize and all the other elders who were baptizing had easy people who just slipped into and out of the water easily. When it was my turn I told myself that I was only going to do it once and I was going to do it fast so she wouldnt have the chance to struggle cause she was really nervous about being in the water. I said the pray and baptized her really fast. The other elders were teasing me that it was like a tsunami. But at least I got it done and she went all the way under. Elder Sorensen had an investigator there who said something to him that made us laugh. She told him that she thought that the baptismal service was nice but she thought that the last baptism was beautiful. She said the other ones were too easy but the last one was more dramatic and beautiful. Haha! We laughed about that one. Afterwards, all the converts got to go up and bear their testimonies. It got really spiritual. A lot of them already have strong testimonies and awesome spiritual experiences.
Right after the baptism we started intercambios with the district leader, which meant that I had a lot of wet clothes to carry around for a while. I went to Santa Marina with Elder Jauregui, who only has two months in the mission, and Elder Gonzalez went with the District Leader, Elder Alva back to my sector. It was pretty fun. I learned a lot from Elder Jauregui. One thing that I´ve learned out here is that it doesnt matter how much time your companion has because there is always something that you can learn from them. Friday night after the baptisms we went to a burger place and ordered these huge S/.16 burgers called the "Tomkins," named after one of the elders who was here in Santa Marina when I first got here in the mission. It had everything in it and was sooo good. The next day we had a lot of spiritual experiences. Elder Jauregui does a good job of bringing the spirit and crazy things always happen when missionaries have intercambios. We were able to put two investigators with a baptismal date in his sector!
I havent got any more packages yet. But I might this Wednesday. I´m 90% sure that I am getting transfered next week, but we´ll see. I have about six months here in this same 4 block by 6 block sector. Looks like you had fun with Sis. Hone. We drink chicha morada all the time here.
Oh yea, Hayde finally got home two days ago. We are going to go visit her tomorrow with Hermana Brake. Teresa wasnt able to get baptized friday cause we were still waiting on her ex to get her a copy of one of his documents but he did it yesterday so she should be getting baptized soon!
Love you all, Elder Kevin Torgersen
Here are the Tomkins burgers with Elder Jauregui!
Intercambios
Mis Causas
No comments:
Post a Comment