This week the assistants called me and told me that I was invited to a baptism this Sunday in barrio Heros back in Callao! Do you remember the investigator Evelyn Gomez? She and her daughter were baptized by her husband. It was really great to go back and see her get baptized and to see all my people. After her baptism she got up and said that at first she didnt know if all of it was true. But now she said that she KNOWS that it is all true! Her baptism was really spiritual and I was able to participate in her confirmation afterwards. Then they invited us over to eat lunch with them. It was great to visit with with everyone from the ward and to visit Hermano Miguel. He misses me a lot. He said kept saying that the other elders arent the same and that he wants me to come back. He is still going to his institute classes every week (he has almost taken all of the classes!) and is getting ready to start taking the temple prep classes. The only problem is that there isnt anyone to give the classes yet. I really want to be there when he goes through the temple and I told him to make sure to let me know when he is ready at the end of this year.
The work is going good. We were a little frustrated yesterday though. At 7am I called just about every investigator and a lot of less actives to remind them about church at 8am and they all said that they were coming. We went to go pick up Andrea and Albert but they never answered their door. We went to the church and waited outside the gate until someone with a key came and opened the church at 8:05am. There was a party this week at the church and all of the chairs were a mess so we had to put up all the chairs. (we have chairs instead of benches in our chapel). Hermana Roxana was the only one who showed up and wasnt able to wake up her kids to bring them. :( The sacrament meeting was super irreverent and I was getting kind of mad. I was thinking that maybe it was a good thing that nobody came. Then I realized that it was out of my control and I reminded myself that I was there to renew my covenants and to grow spiritually. Roxana sat with Cintia and now they are becoming friends. So thats a good thing! Elder Ibañez and I have been talking and we are going to try to get the keys from the bishop the night before to get to the church early to get everything ready and reverent for Sacrament Meeting.
Hermana Zubiate fed us a feast and told us to invite some members so that was fun. I sent some pictures. Last Pday we went and played pool and today we rented bikes and rode up to the Cristo in Chorrillos (again!). My pedal didnt fall off this time though!!! It was a lot more enjoyable!
The work is going good and I love being here in Peru. There are so many cool little moments and experiences that we have everyday, I wish I could write EVERYTHING that happens everyday but that would be impossible. I love seeing the changes that happen in people when they turn their lives around and start to read the Libro de Mormon! I know that it is true!
Love,
Elder Kevin Torgersen









No comments:
Post a Comment