I like the new look of the house with the new rugs and furniture. Russell that is so cool that you had a "Pick 6!!" I`m really proud of you! Keeping working hard and do your best. I`m really proud of Tristan too! Good job on getting your Eagle! You´ve only got about three weeks left. Make the most of it!!! There is still the chance that you could come dowm to Perú. There are like six missionaries in our mission that were supposed to go to Ukraine and were learning Russian, but when they we over halfway done with the MTC they got reassigned to our mission!! How crazy would that be! If you want to send me something you could always send me more candy ;) and maybe one of those electronic dog buzzers that scares off dogs. That would be nice sometimes amd a little fun too!
Well, this was another unique week! Where to start?... Well last Pday we went out with Alex and bought "Suris" A suri is a thumb-sized fat jungle tree worm from Perú. They eat them a lot in the jungle but they are a little hard to find here. It took us about two hours of Pday time going from market to market until we finally found some! We brought them to Albert and Andrea´s house and ate them there. Most people eat them fried, but we ate them alive!!! It was fun!!! You have to pick them up by their heads which are like black marbles with big pincers and then bite down behind the head really hard until it comes off. Then you have to chew and chew and chew! It was fun watching the others make faces and stuff! It just tasted like coconut because they live in the bark of a kind of coco tree.
The suris were fun but the next day Elder Price got sick. He thinks it was from the suri that he ate. We had to rest a lot but its good that hes feeling better now. He was sick almost all week.
We had Rigoberto´s baptismal interview this week and he passed!! Whoooo!!!! However, he did not want to get baptized on the 30th. He felt that it was too soon. It has only been about a month after all. He knows the church and Libro de Mormon are true but wants to wait until the 21th of September to get baptized. I´m really excited for that day!
We had a great Sunday. There were a lot of people in sacrament meeting we had a lot of "first-timers." Andrea and Albert finally came together to the chapel for the first time (it must have been the suri, haha!) We got Jimmy and Ricardo confirmed because they werent able to come last week and I gave a talk about keeping the sabbath day holy.
Sorry this email is all out of order, but on Wednesday we got to go to a multi mission conference with Elder Bednar! It was great! I learned a lot! We talked a lot about the inportance of the spirit and prayer in missionary work. He talked about how investigators are agents unto themselves and are not objects to be acted upon. We shouldnt do everything for them. Hey and I got to see Elder Allen and Elder Holden!!!! :) It was so cool.
I couldnt send any pictures, but I have a bunch to send next week!
We didnt have a lot of time to talk though! Well I dont have much time left, but I love you all!!!
Love,
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central
No comments:
Post a Comment