Monday, September 7, 2015

¡Hola Familia!‏

¡Hola familia! Wow, what a great week! I am really greatful for temples and Family History work too. I´m glad that you guys were able to have such great experiences in the temple this week. I miss going to the temple. It has been a while since the last time we went. 
Elder Rui seems like a good missionary. I´m glad you guys took good care of him. (Remember if you stop taking good care of the missionaries back home the members here will stop taking care of me, hahaha!!!! Just kidding!) I´m still doing great! Rigoberto and Israel are planning on getting baptized this Saturday, so thats exciting. Rigoberto is still a little unsure because he wants to have his whole family there in his baptism but I think he is a little scared to tell them. He is really cool and we are still praying hard for him. Israel is the nephew of the Elders Quorum President. He is really excited too and is progressing rapidly. 

Well, I couldnt think of anything else to write about so I thought that I might write something special for Tristan for his MTC experience:
Well Tristan, I am really proud of you and excited for you to go on your own mission to Russia! Are you excited!?! You should be! Well I just wanted to write you a bit to tell you about the mission. Stuff I think you should know that I didnt know. First off, everything depends on the Book of Mormon: Joseph Smith, priesthood authority, the church, the temples, everything! If the Book of Mormon is true, the rest of that stuff is true too. That is probably the most important thing that you will teach the people. Gain your own testimony of the Book of Mormon by applying Moroni 10:3-5 and having your own spiritual experiences with it as often as possible, preferibly every day. Take time to study the BoM everyday. If the people in your mission are big into the Bible it would be good to be familiar with the New Testament as well. Its amazing how many churches dont even follow what the Bible teaches. However, the most important is the BoM. Help you investigators to gain a testimony of the BoM and everything else will be easy. When people gain their own testimonies of the BoM they make time to go to church and feel the urgency to keep the commandments more than people who dont have testimonios
I want you to enjoy your MTC experience. It really is awesome if you have a good attitude. I loved it! I dont know how the Provo MTC is, but in Mexico they gave us a lot of freedom. They give you study time, but there is no teacher there to supervise you. You need to take advantage of every minute in your studies in the MTC and in the field. They are precious. The good habits you form now and in the MTC will help you in the field. Be diligent and exactly obedient. You are never going to have a leader or teacher in your department telling you what it do, it is all up to you. Dont limit your Russian to only the church vocabulary, but learn everything possible about the language, vocabulary and especially the culture of the region and the people. I think its so sad that so many elders go through two years of their missions and only know how to give lessons because they never took the time or interest to learn more. Learn to love the people and the culture. Decide now to be obedient. Here in Lima Central, most elders have a special notebook that they give to members and other missionaries to write in and put pctures and emails and addresses. I recommend that you get one before the MTC so that you can remeber the friends that you will make there in your 10 weeks there! Haha thats a long time, but you can do it! Help your companion everyday, even if he is a little wierd, you are both there in the same boat. I am now best friends with my MTC companion who was really hard to deal with a first.
The church is true and I know it. Dont ever doubt it! People will attack the church and attack you for being a missionary but dont pay them any attention! I loove you a lot and I am so excited to hear about your experiences!!!

I love you all and hope to hear about your next week. Keep being a perfect, happy mormon family!!!
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

                                   fotos de la semana pasada‏




                                               mas fotos‏




aun mas fotos de la semana pasada Elder Holden y Elder Allen!!!‏



No comments:

Post a Comment