Monday, September 14, 2015

2 Baptisms and how I got to play "Doctor"‏

Wow, its almost time for Tristan to go to the MTC, how exciting!!! It really is exciting! The mission is the best! Well, as you have probably read by the title we had two memorable experiences this week. We had an awesome baptismal service where Israel and Rigoberto (finally) got baptized! There are both doing super good! Rigoberto asked me to baptize him and I was really honored. He is a very spiritual and intelligent man who has so much potencial to be a great priesthood leader and leader in the church. Israel has changed soo much too. He is a future missionary! He was baptized by his uncle who is the Elders Quorum President in our ward. They both got confirmed and then later ordained to the aaronic priesthood yesterday so that they can go with us to the temple this saturday. They are really excited!



Now how I got to be a "doctor." Well, last tuesday we beat the Arces to their house for lunch so we were waiting for them in the passageway outside the gate that leads to their house. Some plumber had lifted off the manhole cover things off of several desagua sewage drains and was doing some work outside in the street. The Arces come down the passage towards their door and Giacomo, their 9 year old son comes running down with his sweater wrapped around his head like a ninja and he ran right into the hole!!! He was stuck waist deep in the hole so I ran over and helped Hna Arce pull him out. She almost lost it and they were all crying and everything was going to be ok until we started to pull off his sewage covered shoes to check him out. That was when the pool of blood gushed out of his pants and they really lost it! She was hopeless so Elder Price and I pulled off his blood and crap covered pants and found a pretty deep gash on his shin. Luckily I had one of those little handkerchiefs that mom gave me that was clean in my bag so I tied that around his gash and then Elder Price carried him up to their 3rd floor house. All of the neighbors came out of the woodwork to watch and help out. I wasnt worried about the blood as much as an infection because he fell into the sewer so we got his cut all washed up and Hno Arce came home from work to check him out. He works with doctors. I started to clean out Giacomo´s shoes and I turned them over and a whole bunch of blood poured out! I noticed that Elder Price saw that and went to sit down. A few minutes later I noticed that he was being really quiet so I walked over to the couch to check on him and he was super super white and green. I ran over and started talking to him and holding him and then he started convulsing kind of wierd and then he passed out for about 30 seconds. It was really wierd. I felt so alone with him passed out. Hno Arce helped me get him all awake and rested. Wow, it was a crazy experience. They ended up taking Giacomo to the hospital and he got his cut cleaned out and several stitches and isnt supposed to walk on his leg for a week. I thought you guys would like to hear that exciting story, hahaha!
Well, cambios are the 22nd. Im pretty sure that I am going to be transfered. I have 6 months here in barrio Venezuela. I dont want to go though. I love the ward! Theres a good chance that next change I could be training or a district leader. President Larson sent out a letter that said that he is going to call a bunch of new leaders. So thats exciting! keep enjoying your time with Tristan! I love you all!!!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

                                           1 year down!!!‏

celebrating with Hermano Alex

                          Family History with Ricardo and Maria‏



Hermano y Hermana Rodriguez are the Ward FH specialists and they are awesome! Their work in our ward has called Salt Lake´s attention and yesterday, Hna Rodriguez got called as a family History service missionary. She has the nametag and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment