Monday, September 28, 2015

SURPRISE!!!‏

Fotos de los Cambios

Mis amigazos!
Elder Alfaro


Elder Ibañez

Elder Ango


Well, SURPRISE!!! I didnt get changed!!! I´m still here in barrio Venezuela! Hooray!! I didnt want cambios, this ward is great! Hahaha! Elder Price got sent to la zona San Martin as a zone leader. They joke that I am training all the new zone leaders because first it was Ibañez and now Price who got bumped up. Its wierd though that now I´ve had four companions here. I´ll have taught the sector 3 times to new companions now. After this change I´ll have 7 1/2 months here. My new companion is Elder Gutierrez. He has about 16 months in the mission and is the only elder here from Paraguay. He is really cool and humble. I remember Elder Alfaro telling me that Elder Gutierrez is really cool. This is his first change as a district leader too. Im pretty sure that we are going to get along really well. I dont know why but I feel like I get along better with my latin companions than my gringo ones. Hahaha!
 Gabriel got baptized yesterday! Elder Price came back to baptize him. It was such a crazy domingo, we were so busy. The baptism was at 11am and we had ward council so we left it to Elder Price and his companion and Jorge, the Ward Mission Leader, and Elder Gutierrez and I went to ward council. We had a bunch of new people, classes to attend, and things to do, but we got a lot done! The ward is really excited for Beto (Albert) and Andrea´s wedding and Beto´s baptism on the 10th! They have been friendshipped really well by the ward. When we found out that I wasnt going to get cambiado, Elder Price told me that it must be for something that I am still here. He said he feels that it is for them and I feel the same way. They have been my goal since the moment that I met them. Now we have Beto´s birth certificate from Tacna and they are supposed to go this week with Hermana Juana, the Relief Society President, to get it changed. This is going to be the crucial part if they can get it changed before the 10th. We honestly dont know. Some people say it will be easy and some say it will take months. Now they just have to go and see! I am really anxious to get it all done.
The other day Hermana Melva´s son came home from his mission in Bolivia. he still hadnt been relieved so he came out with us. It was really wierd being in a trio but kind of fun. He got relieved that night but keeps coming out with us everyday this week!
Yesterday we taught an older Venezuelan man named Luis in a park outside his house. He explained to us how the economy in Venezuela has steadily been dropping until now every US dollar is equal to 750 bolivars. He came to Peru a few months ago to find work and support his family. Its a really sad story but the gospel is for everybody!!! We taught him about the Gospel of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, Endure) and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. He has a goal for the 31st of October (Halloween!!!) I know that the gospel is for everybody and can help everybody if they just would apply it in their lives.
I love all the pictures, and Tristan looks happy!!!
Have a great week, be safe and obedient!! I love you all a ton!
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

No comments:

Post a Comment