Monday, June 13, 2016

A Smile and a Twinkle in Your Eyes

Time is flashing by, but I`m enjoying it!! It`s been fun! It was fun to hear about Katie`s trip to DC and all of the fun stuff you guys are up to. This week we had a special meeting with Elder Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve in Los Olivos with the Peru Lima West and Peru Lima North missions. It was a very cool and spiritual experience but we were all so tired! The meeting was from 8am to 10am but we all had to be seated at least one hour early. Los Olivos is outside the mission but not too far, but someone in the offices decided that we needed to get on the rented busses at 4:30am which meant that we had to get up at 3:30am to get ready. The elders from barrio La Punta had to stay the night in our room because there arent any buses or taxis at that hour in their sector. Needless to say we all got there way early and sat in our seats for like 2 1/2 hours before it started. Everyone was dozing off and sleeping. I dont think I have ever felt so sleepy on my whole mission. It was even worse when we had to go back and proselyte all day aftwerwards. I really enjoyed it though. Right before it started. All of the missionaries went up row by row to shake Elder and Sister Rasband`s hands. It was so neat to be in the presence of a living special witness of Christ. During the meeting, Elder Rasband told us that while he was shaking our hands he wasnt looking at our badges but he was looking in our eyes. He said that he wanted to see the "twinkle" that we all have. I really liked how he said that we all need to have a smile and a twinkle in our eyes and people will see how happy we are and they will want to hear our message. I always try to be happy but I want to smile more when we are in the street. I know that Elder Rasband is a true apostle of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Even before he was chosen and we were waiting for the three new apostles to be called I knew he was going to be one of them. 
The bishop`s counselor presented me in sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was funny that he said that I`m back here in the ward. Everybody thinks that I am going home. They always ask me if i am coming by to say goodbye and I tell them that I still have three months left and that Im here back in the ward. Its funny though that they all think that Im going home. Everyone says that its for something that Im back here and I know its true.
Heramana Brake will be excited to get the chocolate! She doesnt give us pension anymore, we have a new pensionista, but I think that she is going to start giving us food on the weekends. 
Right now we are working with a 17 year old named Andre and a lady named Claudia. They are both preparing to be baptized this month. Andre has a lot of friends in the church but has a lot of family problems. Claudia is probably one of the best investigators that I`ve had, she is awesome. her husband is Matthew he is a less active and their 4year old daughter is super cute and super smart, she makes me think of Elizabeth. We just need to work on Claudia`s testimony because she doesnt feel all the way ready yet to be baptized.
On Wednesday we had a zone meeting. We invited Hermano Alex from Pueblo Libre to come help us because the elders here in Callao dont know him. We pretended that he was a real investigator from our sector and we had the elders practice teaching him and it turned out really really good. They all thought that he was real, hahaha!
I love you all!! Read your scriptures everyday!! I know that the church is true!
--
-Elder Kevin Torgersen-
Misión Perú Lima Central

No comments:

Post a Comment