This week we found a bunch of new investigators and many of them are very prepared. Our pensionista, Hermana Jany, lives on the first floor of a 3-story house that is owned by a family of investigators whose niece is a recent convert. Anyway, we were standing outside talking to Heraman Jany when the mom of the family poked her head out and asked us if we wanted to come in. We asked if there was a man home and she said that her 19-year old son was there and that he wanted to talk to us. I almost said that we couldnt because we were on our way to another appointment but we decided to go up. I had one been in that house one time before but it is crazy because the entire family has been listening to the elders since december and when we ask them about what they learned they all have a testimony of the church and believe that the Book of Mormon is true, but they arent baptized yet! I dont really understand why they werent baptized a long time ago! We went up and started talking to Maritza (the mom) and Jordan (her son). Turns out that he recieved his answer and that because of college he hadnt seen the elderes for a while. We invited him to be baptized and found out that he wants to but is scared. In my personal study I had started reading the story of Moses in Exodus. I shared with him my impression that everytime Moses told the Lord that he couldnt or that he was scared the Lord would always tell him to not fear. Jordan really made a connection with that and told us that his second name is Moisés (Moses in spanish). Then it got kind of weird and he asked us our first names. He told us that the other day he had a dream that three elders went to visit him and that one of them had my name. Then he started getting freaked out. Then Elder Luis told him that I had started my mission here and that it never happens that an elder goes back to a sector that he has already worked in. I think hearing that just about traumatized him! Haha, he was really scared, I think he´s pretty superstitious. Anyway all of that helped him to see that God really wants him to get baptized. He accepted a date for the 2nd of July!
I talked to Miguel at Stake Conference! He´s doing great and he´s even working now! He looks so much better. He said because of the joining of barrio Heros and barrio Jose Galvez there hasnt been an active temple prep teacher. He still needs three more classes before he can go take out his endowments. That is going to be our goal. We are going to talk to the bishop to make sure that he can get to the temple as soon as possible!
Andre is going to have his interview tomorrow and should be baptized this Saturday!
Claudia said that she wants to get baptized but that she feels really pressured. She told us that her friend has been going to an evangelical church for 9 months and just barely got baptized so she felt like only a month was way too soon. She decided however that she wants to get baptized before Elder Luis goes home so she decided that she wants to be baptized on the 9th of July!
This week I feel like I have progressed but I also feel like I am so far from being a good leader like Elder Luis and so many other elders are. I really want to be better and that is what I want to do this week!
We´ve seen a lot of miracles and I often see the hand od the Lord working here with us in the Zona Callao! I know that this is his work and that he loves us. I know that this is his only true church!
Love you all! Have fun at Camp!
--
No comments:
Post a Comment